Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911–1913.
The collection was donated by Andrews’ sisters, Martha Belknap and Dorothy Brown, in March 1955.
Contextual information available through the Guide to the Roy C. Andrews Papers.