Robert Henderson was shown here photographing the OSU Marching Band. Robert W. Henderson received a B.S. in Agronomy in 1938. Henderson served as Assistant Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station and a Farm Crops faculty member from 1946-1976. Henderson was also known for his love of photography.
Clinton visited OSU to campaign for the re-election of her husband, president Bill Clinton, just days before the 1996 general election. Speaking to a crowd of about 3,500 people in front of the Women's Building, Clinton spoke on several topics, including the president's plans for higher education. On the stage to Clinton's left are U.S. senator Ron Wyden, Corvallis mayor Helen Berg, OSU president Paul Risser, and U.S. representative Earl Blumenauer.
The program was established in 1985, just the second of its type in the nation. The Austins founded A-dec, a dental equipment company, in 1964. In addition to the family business program, they were strong supporters of various OSU programs and projects, including the LaSells Stewart Center; the Valley Library; the Austin Entrepreneurship Program; and the new home of the College of Business, Austin Hall.