Leonard J. Calvert was first appointed as the Information Specialist for the Extension Service in 1961. Among his duties was writing news releases on a variety of Extension Service programs. In 1965, Calvert went to the University of Oregon to work for its Economic Opportunity Program, whose aim was fighting poverty. In 1969, he returned to the Oregon State University Extension Service.
Walter G. Schroeder began working for the Extension service in 1949 as an Agriculture Agent in Coos County, after receiving his B. S. from Oregon State College. After being drafted into the armed services at the beginning of the Korean War, Schroeder spent two years stationed in Germany. After being discharged, Schroeder returned to his position at Coos County. In 1956 he returned to school to seek a graduate degree, and received an M.S. from the University of Wisconsin at Madison in 1957. After receiving his masters degree, Schroeder returned to the Extension Service, working at the Lane County Extension office in Florence until the office closed in 1962. He was then transferred to the Extension headquarters at OSU and became an Extension Agent-at-Large, where he helped develop 4-H camps and the training of future extension agents. During this period, Schroeder was invited to Washington D.C. to advise the U. S. Department of Agricultural Extension Service concerning outdoor recreation. In 1965, Schroeder was transferred to Washington County and in 1967 to Curry County. Schroeder frequently worked with the 4-H club and on the development of community resources in agriculture, forestry, and marine science. In 1977, Schroeder became the Curry County staff chair. Schroeder retired and was granted Emeritus status in 1983.