This image shows the Hogg/Nash house (surrounded by trees) on the current site of Waldo Hall. At the far right is the Administration Building (present day Benton Hall), to the middle of center is the Gymnasium and Armory (present day Gladys Valley Gymnastics Center) and at the far left is Cauthorn Hall (present day Fairbanks Hall).
From left to right: Science Hall (present day Furman Hall), Cauthorn Hall (present day Fairbanks Hall), the Wilson House, the Paleontology Lab (present day Women's Center), Administration Building (present day Benton Hall), Alpha Hall, campus water tower, and Mechanical Hall (present day Kearney Hall)
The Lady of the Fountain was built in 1903 as a gift from the Class of 1902. It was located on lower campus approximately where Madison Avenue is today, just to the west of Ninth Street. Often stolen as a prank by University of Oregon students, the statue was demolished by students in 1923.
Apperson (1834-1917) was a steamboat captain, Clackamas County sherrif, and Oregon legislator who also served in the Oregon Cavalry during the Civil War. He also served on the OAC board of regents from 1888 to 1917.
Eddy Elbridge Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and was a student at Oregon State when the school was still known as Corvallis College. Later an attorney and bank executive, Wilson was heavily involved with numerous campus and community organizations, as well as the State Game Commission. He twice served on OAC's board of regents -- from 1906 to 1915 and from 1924 to 1929. Wilson died in 1961.
Two women and two men on a porch; one of the men is Will Bloss, circa 1893. William Bloss was the son of John M. Bloss, the third President of Oregon Agricultural College. William was OAC's first football coach and quarterback.
The commandant (center) was likely Captain Charles E. Warren (Ret’d.), who served from January to July 1892. The cadet officers are in their gray uniforms. The college catalog for that year described the uniforms as follows:
E. E. Wilson standing by bicycle south of Administration Building, circa 1900. (Benton Hall in background) Eddy Elbridge Wilson graduated in 1889 with a B.S. From 1925-1940, Wilson was president then board member of the First National Bank of Corvallis. Wilson was also deeply involved with the community, working with the State Game Commission from 1935-1949 and the Corvallis Planning Commission from 1931-1941. At Oregon Agricultural College, Wilson served on the Board of Regents from 1906-1915 and 1924-1929. From 1925-1961, Wilson worked with the Memorial Union Board of Governors.
The students are gathered in a vineyard on campus. In the background are the Octagonal Barn (right) and the Dairy Barn (left). Winter short courses at OAC were offered to farmers around the state for many years.
Lower campus looking west at the Mitchell Playhouse, Fairbanks Hall, Administration Building (Benton Hall), a water tower, Apperson Hall (Mechanical Hall), and Chemical Lab (Paleontology Lab). The image was used in the 1938 Orange and Black and 1898-1899 OAC Catalog.