Jim Dixon, an alum with the Class of 1926, wrestled and played football while a student at OAC. He later served as assistant football coach and head wrestling coach for his alma mater. Dixon Recreation Center is named in his honor.
Paul Valenti (1920-2014) was integrally connected to Oregon State University for more that seventy years, beginning with his arrival on the Oregon State College campus as a student athlete in 1938. A member of the Beaver basketball squad during his undergraduate years, Valenti later served as freshman baseball coach, freshman basketball coach, head basketball coach and head tennis coach, spanning a time period from 1946-1970. He continued on as Assistant Athletic Director until retiring in 1982, and remained an enthusiastic ambassador for OSU until his death in 2014.
Journalism faculty member Fred Zwahlen is in the center of the photo. The first 30-Staters Club was founded in 1939. The intent of the clubs were "to support and further the interests of the O.S.C. Alumni Association" by "serv[ing] as a nucleus in any community around which to rally the services of the alumni whenever the occasion warrants." Membership in a given 30-Staters Club was originally restricted to no more than thirty male Oregon State alumni. One or more clubs could be established in any city, as interested warranted and pending approval from a governing executive committee.