Baseball diamond, first athletic field, 1892-1893 (on the right) and lower campus view near what is now Jefferson Street. The Experiment Station gardens are on the left with the Court House, Central School, old Corvallis College are also left of the walkway.
The students are gathered in a vineyard on campus. In the background are the Octagonal Barn (right) and the Dairy Barn (left). Winter short courses at OAC were offered to farmers around the state for many years.
Seated at front left is a student believed to be Rocks Ban, a freshman from Tokyo, Japan by way of Portland. He is believed to be one of the earliest international students at Oregon Agricultural College.
Pacific Northwest Water Laboratory Dedication: Dale Mallicoat, Fred Merryfield, Cy Everts, James H. Jensen, A. L. Strand. August LeRoy Strand served as president of Oregon State University from 1942-1961. Strand helped create the Oregon State College Foundation in 1947 and introduced the idea of an OSU golf course.