The Corvallis Carriage and Wagon Co. factory (later Coast Carriage and Wagon Factory) was located between 11th and 13th Streets next to the Oregon and Pacific railroad. The building was constructed in 1892, but by 1896 the factory had failed. The building was later used by the Corvallis Feed and Seed Company.
This cabin in McDonald Forest outside of Corvallis was built by "his boys" for George W. Peavy in 1935. It was his retreat both during his years as President of Oregon State College and his retirement.