This image shows the Hogg/Nash house (surrounded by trees) on the current site of Waldo Hall. At the far right is the Administration Building (present day Benton Hall), to the middle of center is the Gymnasium and Armory (present day Gladys Valley Gymnastics Center) and at the far left is Cauthorn Hall (present day Fairbanks Hall).
From left to right: Science Hall (present day Furman Hall), Cauthorn Hall (present day Fairbanks Hall), the Wilson House, the Paleontology Lab (present day Women's Center), Administration Building (present day Benton Hall), Alpha Hall, campus water tower, and Mechanical Hall (present day Kearney Hall)
The Lady of the Fountain was built in 1903 as a gift from the Class of 1902. It was located on lower campus approximately where Madison Avenue is today, just to the west of Ninth Street. Often stolen as a prank by University of Oregon students, the statue was demolished by students in 1923.
Apperson (1834-1917) was a steamboat captain, Clackamas County sherrif, and Oregon legislator who also served in the Oregon Cavalry during the Civil War. He also served on the OAC board of regents from 1888 to 1917.