Lower campus looking west at the Mitchell Playhouse, Fairbanks Hall, Administration Building (Benton Hall), a water tower, Apperson Hall (Mechanical Hall), and Chemical Lab (Paleontology Lab). The image was used in the 1938 Orange and Black and 1898-1899 OAC Catalog.
This building was constructed in 1892 to accommodate the offices of the Agricultural Experiment Station. The station's chemistry lab was in the basement. Since 1973 it has served as the Women's Center.
Front row (L to R): Willibald Weniger; Thomas Mooney Gardner; Gordon V. Skelton; Grant Albert Covell; Henry M. Parks; and Mark Clyde Phillips. Back row (L to R): C.L. Knopf; Earl Vincent Hawley; Samuel Herman Graf; E.P. Jackson; William McCaully Porter; Herbert Edward Cooke; and Wilford W. Gardner