Photo shows Coach Ralph O. Coleman, Victor Demarz Brown, Jr., Frank Roelandt, William Clifford Frazer, Walter Charles Kirchner, DeWaine Palmer Galloway, Elmer Henry Weimer, Don Day Cecil, Raymond John Oberst, Robert Miller Ohling, Kenneth Johnson, Donald Leland Bower, Andrew Louis Frahler, Robert Claude Churchill, Bill Oral McCluskey.
Baseball diamond, first athletic field, 1892-1893 (on the right) and lower campus view near what is now Jefferson Street. The Experiment Station gardens are on the left with the Court House, Central School, old Corvallis College are also left of the walkway.
Prior to the beginnings of varsity baseball in 1907, Oregon State played baseball on an occasional basis beginning as early as 1883. In 1899, the school began playing an indoor version of the game. In 1900, the indoor baseball team compiled a 3-1 record, which included wins over the University of Oregon, Albany College, and the Salem YMCA. Baseball players in photo are: A. J. Bier (lf), Harold Belt (rf), R. D. Burgess (c), Elwood Clark (2b), Arthur Derby (1b), J. G. Elgin (mgr), Ira Hamilton (lf), James Hartley (3b), Raymond Heinkler (nf Cayst), C. E. Small (p)
Baseball team (about 1898), information from negative envelope: Allen '00, Heinkler '98, Sharp '98. In the 1938 Orange and Black, players are identified as: standing (l to r) WL Sharp, Jesse Tharp, Bill Patterson, Harold Belt, and Raymond Henkle. Seated (l to r) Henry Howells, Will Smith, Al Campbell, and Tom Allen. Published in Orange & Black 1938, p. 103.