Harvey L. McAllister, known as "Pap Hayseed," graduated from OAC in 1897 with a degree in agriculture. He served in the Spanish-American war and then worked as a farmer in Lexington, Oregon. Thomas Edward Palmer was a 1900 graduate of OAC in electrical engineering and served as the leader of the cadet band his senior year.
The Finleys' first home home in Corvallis (known as the "Nest in the West") stood on Van Buren and 5th Streets. The Finleys are standing on the upper porch, with their son, Ernest, and a niece. On the lower porch are Rev. Lowell, pastor of the Corvallis Church, and his wife, right; Mr. Osborne and daughter; and Rosa Jacobs. This photograph was published in the June 1930 "Oregon Stater", page 8.
This view was likely taken from the top of the Administration Building (Benton Hall) and shows the residential section southeast of the OAC campus. Lower Campus is in the foreground and a corner of Education Hall is at the right side of the photograph.
The new College President, John M. Bloss, arrived in Corvallis on June 3rd and conferred degrees to the Class of 1892 at the Commencement program on June 29th. Bloss is the tallest man in the back row. John D. Letcher, Acting President in 1892 until Bloss' arrival, is standing to Bloss' left and in front of him.
This building was erected in 1907 as the Benton County National Bank, and became the Benton County State Bank in 1916. The basement featured a barbershop and Turkish baths. A street light hangs over the intersection of 2nd and Madison.