The School of Forestry established this tree nursery soon after the Forestry Building (Moreland Hall) was built in 1917. Many of the trees in the large grove south of Moreland Hall are remnants of this nursery.
Eddy Elbridge Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and was a student at Oregon State when the school was still known as Corvallis College. Later an attorney and bank executive, Wilson was heavily involved with numerous campus and community organizations, as well as the State Game Commission. He died in 1961.
T.J. Starker stands at center. Thurman James Starker graduated from OAC in 1910 as a member of the college's first class of foresters. He later taught Forestry at Oregon State from 1922 to 1942. He also founded Starker Forests, Inc., served on the Oregon State Board of Forestry, and was active in local civic affairs.
Image depicts members of the last Pharmacy class to graduate from the old Pharmacy Building (formerly Alpha Hall) at OAC. Construction of the new Pharmacy Building was authorized in 1923 and completed in 1924.
The Army Specialized Training Program was implemented at twenty-two universities during World War II to help meet the increased demand for soldiers trained with technical skills. Physical conditioning was a required part of the ASTP curriculum.