President A.L. Strand dedicating the W.J. Kerr Library. August LeRoy Strand served as president of Oregon State University from 1942-1961. Strand helped create the Oregon State College Foundation in 1947 and introduced the idea of an OSU golf course.
Coeds with "Ol John" Hines read mail. From left to right: Janice Cady; Unknown person; John Hines; Kay Seberg; Margaret Krebs; Marge Anderson. During World War II, John Hines received letters, pictures and samples of foreign money from Oregon State students, alumni and faculty serving all over the world.
Photo was used in the Summer 1956 Oregon Stater. Norbert Wellman graduated with a bachelor's and master's degree in physical education in 1954 and 1958. Wellman was the starting pitcher on the first Beaver baseball team to make it to the College World Series in 1952. Wellman was president of the OSU Foundation Board and participated in the fundraising committee for Goss Stadium. Wellman received the Lifetime Trustee Award in 2007 and is co-founder of Ferguson Wellman Capital Management.
Nat Giustina was the E. B. Lemon Distinguished Alumni Award winner for 1983. Robert W. MacVicar was president of Oregon State University from 1970-1986. MacVicar was also a professor of chemistry and tripled the size of the university's budget. During his years as president, the size of the campus increased with 23 additional buildings.
American flag on display in the Memorial Union. E. C. Allworth is pictured. Edward C. Allworth graduated in 1916 from Oregon Agricultural College with a degree in Commerce. Allworth was in the U.S. Army from 1917-1922 and received the Congressional Medal of Honor. Known as "The Major", Allworth served as manager of the Memorial Union Board of Governors for 38 years, 1925-1963.