Clara Humason Waldo (1858-1933) was the first woman to be named to the Board of Regents for a state institution of higher education, and also the first woman to address a graduating class at Oregon State. A member of the OAC Board of Regents from 1905-1919, Waldo Hall is named in her honor. She was the wife of Oregon Supreme Court Justice John B. Waldo.
Nancy Dewey was an alumna and a corporal in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps who served as a cook for a WAC detachment in New Guinea during World War II. She was later employed by the State Department and stationed in Iran, among other locations.
The chimes, located in Benton Hall, were a gift of the alumni association and could be heard twice daily. In 1957 Oregon State raised funds for a carillon, which was installed in the Memorial Union. For many years the carillon has chimed out the Fight Song and the Alma Mater at 5:00 p.m. each day. The carillon was automated in the 1990s with a digital sound system.
The Practice House, first established at Withycombe House in 1916, was used for instruction in Home Economics. The curriculum included "Practice Housekeeping" and work with "Practice Babies" - local infants used to teach the basics of caring for a baby.