The Finleys' first home home in Corvallis (known as the "Nest in the West") stood on Van Buren and 5th Streets. The Finleys are standing on the upper porch, with their son, Ernest, and a niece. On the lower porch are Rev. Lowell, pastor of the Corvallis Church, and his wife, right; Mr. Osborne and daughter; and Rosa Jacobs. This photograph was published in the June 1930 "Oregon Stater", page 8.
Front row: Nick Walter, Kenneth Lane, Whitley Davis, Owen Aydelott, Dean George W. Peavy, Orelin de Hegy, Fred Ramsey, Ted Rainwater, Bill Manlove, Sam Miller. Back row: Frazer Sehlegel, Axel Lindh, Jim Iler, Dick Kearns, Voudis Miller, Al Smith, Glen Voorhees, Bill Ruhman, Alan MacCready, Elmer Miller, Ralph Van Wagner
T.J. Starker stands at center. Thurman James Starker graduated from OAC in 1910 as a member of the college's first class of foresters. He later taught Forestry at Oregon State from 1922 to 1942. He also founded Starker Forests, Inc., served on the Oregon State Board of Forestry, and was active in local civic affairs.
Pictured from left to right are B.W. Johnson, J. Fred Yates, Helen Holgate (accompanist), H.L. Holgate, and John Fulton. B.W. Johnson was a local orchardist. H.L. Holgate was a lawyer who worked as the district counsel for the Department of the Interior. Helen Holgate graduated from OAC in 1895 with a BS in domestic science and arts; she later worked in the college's Clerical Exchange. J. Fred Yates served a term as mayor of Corvallis and was also a City Attorney, Municipal Judge and member of the OSC Board of Regents. John Fulton was chair of the Chemistry department from 1907 to 1940.
Pictured with Cordley (3rd from left), who also served as director of the Experiment Station, are: Harry A. Lindgren (Astor Branch Station), Ralph W. Allen (Umatilla Branch Station), Cordley, David E. Stephens (Sherman Branch Station), Leroy Breithaupt (Harney Branch Station), and Frank C. Reimer (Southern Oregon Branch Station). Not present were Robert Withycombe (Union Branch Station) and John R. Winston (Hood River Branch Station).