A. L. Strand sitting on left. August LeRoy Strand served as president of Oregon State University from 1942-1961. Strand helped create the Oregon State College Foundation in 1947 and introduced the idea of an OSU golf course.
The photo was taken at the Pacific Northwest Water Laboratory Dedication: showing (from left to right) unidentified person, Cy Everts, and James H. Jensen. James H. Jensen served as President of Oregon State University from 1961-1969. Within these eight years, Jensen expanded OSU faculty and facilities significantly and founded the 25 Year Club, which recognized employees who have worked at OSU for 25 years.