From back left: Frank Cauthorn, Newton Addison Thompson, George P. Lent and Isaac Jacobs. Addie M. Allen and Minnie M. White are the women in the photo. Addie M. Allen married Newton Addison Thompson and Minnie M. White married O.A.C. Pres. B. L. Arnold.
Graduating in 1930 with a degree in Education, Carl Gilmore played fullback for the OSC football team that, in 1928, was the first western college team to play on the eastern seaboard. A member of the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, Gilmore was active in a number of honorary societies and served on the Interfraternity Council. Gilmore went on to teach high school in Redding, California where he also coached the football team.
E. B. Lemon's photo was taken at the time of his appointment as Dean of Administration. Photo was used in the October 1943 issue of Oregon Stater. E.B. Lemon received a business degree from Oregon Agricultural College in 1911, becoming a part-time accounting instructor until 1943. Lemon also held the office of University Registrar from 1922-1943 and was Dean of Administration from 1943-1959.
A. D. Taylor received an honorary Doctorate of Science degree from Oregon State College in 1940. Taylor, a landscape architect from Cleveland, Ohio, revised the 1909 Olmsted campus plan in 1925 and updated his plan in 1945.