Students observe President A. L. Strand testing a Burroughs business machine as Mark Corwin looks on. August LeRoy Strand served as president of Oregon State University from 1942-1961. Strand helped create the Oregon State College Foundation in 1947 and introduced the idea of an OSU golf course.
Photo shows Parker Stadium (under construction) in foreground; Gill Coliseum on the left; track and baseball fields and tennis courts in the upper left corner. This scan was taken from the photograph housed in the News and Communications Services Photograph Collection (P 057).