The Practice House, first established at Withycombe House in 1916, was used for instruction in Home Economics. The curriculum included "Practice Housekeeping" and work with "Practice Babies" - local infants used to teach the basics of caring for a baby.
Prominent in the foreground is the Bandstand. Visible from left to right are the Administration Building (present day Benton Hall), the Paleontology Lab (present day Women's Center) and Science Hall (present day Furman Hall). Downtown Corvallis is seen in the distance. Visible are the Benton County Courthouse, the central school and the Presbyterian Church.