The Practice House, first established at Withycombe House in 1916, was used for instruction in Home Economics. The curriculum included "Practice Housekeeping" and work with "Practice Babies" - local infants used to teach the basics of caring for a baby.
Lucy M. Lewis was the University Librarian from 1920-1945. During her 25 years, Lewis established the Friends of the Library and helped Oregon State College become the second land grant institution in the nation. The library's classification system was changed from Dewey Decimal to Library of Congress.
Photo was used in the 1927 Beaver Yearbook, page 40. Carrie Halsell graduated from Oregon Agricultural College in 1926 with a B.S. in commerce, becoming the first African-American graduate at OAC. Halsell became an instructor of business education at Virginia State University, later becoming a business administration faculty member at South Carolina State College in 1945.