Eddy Elbridge Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and was a student at Oregon State when the school was still known as Corvallis College. He graduated in 1889. Later an attorney and bank executive, Wilson was heavily involved with numerous campus and community organizations, as well as the State Game Commission. He twice served on the OAC board of regents -- from 1906 to 1915 and from 1924 to 1929. Wilson died in 1961.
The building had been remodeled and expanded in 1876 in order to accommodate a year-round preparatory department and an additional faculty member. Much of the lumber for the addition was donated by a member of the board of trustees, R. W. Brock of Corvallis.