The Practice House, first established at Withycombe House in 1916, was used for instruction in Home Economics. The curriculum included "Practice Housekeeping" and work with "Practice Babies" - local infants used to teach the basics of caring for a baby.
Known as the OSU Folk Club today, the College Folk Club was established in 1908 as a social and service club for OAC’s faculty wives and female faculty members. This image is likely set within the Women's Building.
Jefferts Schori is the Episcopal Church of the United States’ 26th Presiding Bishop. She received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in oceanography from Oregon State in 1977 and 1983. After receiving a Master of Divinity degree in 1994, she became assistant rector of Corvallis’ Church of the Good Samaritan. Jefferts Schori later served as the Episcopal Church’s Bishop of Nevada before being elected as Presiding Bishop in 2006.
All four of these Corvallis young women attended Corvallis College as preparatory students between 1866 and 1868. Rose Russell married Lewis F. Wilson in 1869; their son, Eddy, graduated from the college in 1889 and was a longtime member of the board of regents.