The building was constructed in 1859 and expanded in 1876. It served as the primary bulding for what is now Oregon State University until 1888, when the new Administration Building (Benton Hall) was completed on the west edge of the original college farm.
Roelandt was from Franklin High School, Portland, Oregon, and played in 1943 and 1947-1949. He also played basketball. Photo was published in the March 1947 Oregon Stater (page 9). A print of the image is available at P17:1032.