Historical Images of Oregon State University

The Lady of the Fountain

The
Title
The Lady of the Fountain
LC Subject
Sculpture Fountains Snow
Photographer
Ball Studio
Description
The Lady of the Fountain was a gift of the class of 1902 and constructed shortly after graduation. It was the second class gift presented to OSU in school history and was located on Lower Campus, just to the west of the intersection of where Madison Street today crosses 9th Street. On January 21, 1929, the statue was found destroyed.
Work Type
photographic prints
Location
Corvallis >> Benton County >> Oregon >> United States
Date
circa 1907
Identifier
HC0040
Local Collection Name
Harriet's Photograph Collection, 1868-1996 (P HC)
Type
Image
Set
OSU Special Collections & Archives Research Center Historical Images of Oregon State University
Institution
Oregon State University
Created
2011-10-10
Modified
2015-02-26