The Hamlin-Johnson House, located at the corner of SE Lusted Road and SE 282nd Avenue outside of Gresham, was constructed circa 1888. The house is associated with early steamboat engineer Charles Hamlin and later with the Reverend Jonas Johnson and his family, who owned the house for six decades. Johnson was a pastor at the Swedish Powell Valley Church. Today the house represents an increasingly rare, rural residential property from this era of development in Gresham. Source: Oregon State Historic Preservation Office.