Building Oregon

Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Allen
Title
Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Eric W. Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Allen, Eric W., Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Journalism Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William
Photographer
Shellenbarger, Michael
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1920-1929 1950-1959 1990-1999
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views universities (buildings) components (objects) classrooms offices (work spaces)
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Date
1923 1999 1953/1954
View Date
1985
Identifier
pna_15700.jpg
Item Locator
Shellenbarger Collection, N:2 99-10399
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
License
Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Source
Gift of Michael Shellenbarger
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Material
concrete foundation; concrete, limestone exteior wall, steel sash window, vinyl roofing, raised limestone plaques
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150 University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm
Note
Allen Hall replaced McClure Hall which was razed in 1953. The Journalism Building (1923), originally connected to McClure Hall, is now connected to the 1954 addition now know as Allen Hall. Allen Hall was named for Eric W. Allen, the first Dean of the School of Journalism.<br>The Historic Resource Survey Form provides architectural description, architectural history, historical associations and significance, assessment of National Register eligibility, and bibliographical references. It was prepared by Erica Steverson, Sarah Helwick, Susan Johnson, and the University Planning Office, Summer 2006.