Building Oregon

Art and Architecture Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Title
Art and Architecture Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Architectural Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Commerce Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Sociology Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Mechanical Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William Knighton, William C., 1866-1938 Lazarus, Edgar M. Wiley, Nan
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970) William Christmas Knighton (architect, 1864-1938) Edgar Marks Lazarus (architect, 1868-1939) Nan Wiley (artist)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
interior: mural, general view of mural, Oregon Industries. Fishing. Bottom: Seining grounds in Astoria. Top: Horses pulling in seining nets.
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1930-1939
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) interior views paintings (visual works) mural paintings (visual works)
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
South wall, entrance tto gallery.
Date
1932
Identifier
pna_19403
Item Locator
39683
Rights
In Copyright
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
Source
Visual Resources Collection, Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon); Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The building was destroyed in 1956 and the murals were not preserved.