Scene on the Umatilla Reservation
- Alternative Title
- Camps on Umatilla Indian reservation
- Two tipis and a small cabin with a chimney stand in a grove of trees (deciduous without leaves and conifers) on the Umatilla Indian Reservation. A railroad track crosses the landscape on the left hand side. In the distance is a house. In the background is a line of hills.
- Tribal Notes
- An outside photograph of a large campsite next to the railroad tracks. There are a number of Tule mat tipis and building in some Pine trees. The trees are covering most of the camp site; one can see little of the camps and buildings. One of the Tule mat tipis that can be seen is a four layer Tule mat high. Behind it is a cover by the pine trees. There is a building that is covered by the pine trees also to the left of the tipis. The railroad tracks are running on the left side of the photograph. At the edge of the tree line in the middle of the photograph is a house. In the background is the foothill of the Blue Mountains. The photographer was on a hill looking to the east up the Umatilla river valley. Writing on the photograph is "Scene on the Umatilla Reservation Maj. Moorhouse."
- Source Condition
- MODS Note
- Joint Project of the University of Oregon Libraries and the Tamástslikt Cultural Institute of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla
- Tribal Classes
- Outside Photograph
- Tribal Terms
- Tule Mat
- Railroad Tracks
- Local Collection Name
- Local Collection ID
- PH036 / A82
- Series Name
- Series I: Glass Plate Negatives
- Finding Aid
- Glass-plate negative
- Scanned in transmissive mode with Silverfast AI 6.0 on UMAX PowerLook III flatbed scanner. Levels adjusted from 0 - 1.00 - 255 to 7 - 1.00 - 133 prior to capture.
- Submission Date
- 125 dpi
Please use the contact form to submit inquiries about this system; to report a problem you are experiencing with the system; to request assistance using the system; or to provide general feedback. See the Help page for additional information about this system.
Please use the following form to send us feedback: