International Women's Day cloth
- Blue and yellow cloth with many small images of women engaged in various activities, with the text "International Women's Day March 8" in English and French. Small images of an outline of Cameroon, in yellow, red, and green, are repeated across the cloth. The border includes circular motifs with an image of four arms, with each hand clasping the wrist of another, and various texts describing roles of women.
- Africa, West
- In English and French: International Women's Day March 8th / Journee internationale de la femme 8 mars / Woman, good governance | Woman, education of the girl child / Woman, agriculture livestock and fisheries / Woman, politics and decision making / Femme, epouse et mere [Woman, wife and mother] / Femme et entreprenariat [Woman and entrepreneur] / Femme, artisan de la paix [Woman, artisan of peace] / Femme, legislation et statut jurdique [Woman, law and legislation]
- GPS Latitude
- GPS Longitude
- 117 x 159 cm
- Collection of Lisa Gilman (Eugene, Oregon, United States)
- Is Part Of
- African Political Ephemera and Realia
- Photographed with Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm f/4L lens in raw format. Adobe Photoshop used to reorient and crop image, set and neutralize shadow and highlight point, and adjust midtone contrast. Archival tiff saved, retaining adjustments layers. Photoshop used to convert color profile to sRGB, set resolution to 240 dpi. JPEG2000 with 10:1 lossy compression created through CONTENTdm.
- Submission Date
|Footer Number||Term||External URI|
|2||Politics and government||http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2002011436|
|5||Creative Commons BY-NC-ND Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International||http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/|
|8||University of Oregon||http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80126183|
Please use the contact form to submit inquiries about this system; to report a problem you are experiencing with the system; to request assistance using the system; or to provide general feedback. See the Help page for additional information about this system.
Please use the following form to send us feedback: