Graf Hall, Engineering Laboratory

Title
Graf Hall, Engineering Laboratory
LC Subject
College buildings Graf Hall Engineering Laboratory
Photographer
Reed, Edwin Thomas, 1872-1948
Description
The photo shows the Monroe Street (north) entrance to the Engineering Laboratory which was completed in 1920. It originally included a materials lab, a hydraulics lab, and a steam and gas engine lab, all served by a 5-ton electric crane. Building was designed by John Bennes and named for alumnus and long-time faculty member Samuel Graf, who chaired the department of mechanical engineering from 1934 to 1954.
Work Type
photographic prints
Date
1925
Identifier
P016:705
Rights
In Copyright
Rights Holder
OSU Special Collections & Archives Research Center
Local Collection Name
Buildings Photographic Collection, 1880-2002 (P 016)
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
OSU Special Collections & Archives Research Center Historical Images of Oregon State University
Is Part Of
This photograph appears in "A School for the People: A Photographic History of Oregon State University," page 50.
Institution
Oregon State University
Created
2005-06-15
Modified
2015-02-10