Art and Architecture Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Art
Title
Art and Architecture Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Architectural Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Commerce Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Sociology Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Mechanical Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William Knighton, William C., 1866-1938 Lazarus, Edgar M.
Photographer
Shellenbarger, Michael
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970) William Christmas Knighton (architect, 1864-1938) Edgar Marks Lazarus (architect, 1868-1939)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
model: model of 1920s building for Ellis F. Lawrence Exhibit, October 1989, created by David Skilton and Kathy Rose
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1900-1909 1910-1919 1940-1949
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views universities (buildings)
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Date
1901 1914 1923 1940
View Date
2007
Identifier
pna_07952
Item Locator
Shellenbarger Collection; Box L Section 12; 99-06363
Rights
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
Source
Gift of Michael Shellenbarger
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon); Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150 University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm
Note
The building now known as Lawrence Hall consists of different structures combined and altered over time. The structures and changes include Mechanical Hall (Edgar Lazarus, 1901), the Architecture Building (William C. Knighton, 1914), major expansion and renovation (Ellis F. Lawrence, W. R. B. Willcox, 1923), Arts Wing (Ellis F. lawrence, 1923), additional wings to the north (Ellis F. WLawrence, 1940/41), replacement of arts wing and new south facade (Annand, Boone, and Lei, 1957), Brutlaist style addition and new south facade (Cambell Yost Grube hall, 1971), addition and new south facade (BOORA, 1991).