The School of Forestry established this tree nursery soon after the Forestry Building (Moreland Hall) was built in 1917. Many of the trees in the large grove south of Moreland Hall are remnants of this nursery.
Eddy Elbridge Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and was a student at Oregon State when the school was still known as Corvallis College. Later an attorney and bank executive, Wilson was heavily involved with numerous campus and community organizations, as well as the State Game Commission. He died in 1961.