Phi Kappa Phi, an all-discipline honorary society, established a chapter at Oregon Agricultural College in 1924. Initial inductees included President William Jasper Kerr and long-time Board of Regents member James K. Weatherford. The group is standing in front of the College Library (now Kidder Hall).
The Bacteriology Department worked closely with other OAC departments, such as Diary Husbandry and Poultry Husbandry, on Experiment Station reserch projects. BEckwith served on the OAC faculty from 1912 to 1919, and later served as chair of UCLA's Dept. of Bacteriology.
This greenhouse complex was part of an expansion of college agricultural facilities that began in 1889. Standing on the right is George Coote, instructor in horticulture. The Administration Building (Benton Hall) is in the background.
OSU's new Kerr Library was constructed in 1962 and 1963. One of the features of the building was a series of tile mosaic murals throughout the building. OSU art faculty member Nelson Sandgren created the murals. The mural in this photo was located on the third floor of the library. Parts of this mural remain on the third floor of the Valley Library.
A new armory was built to replace the 1898 armory. The new armory was touted as one of the largest in the country. The building, designed by architect John V. Bennes, is known as McAlexander Fieldhouse today.