Board of Regents shown from left to right: W. E. Yates, John D. Olwell, W. P. Keady, B. G. Leedy (Master of Grange), J. K. Weatherford, B. F. Irvine, F. I. Dunbar, John D. Daly, J. M. Church, Governor T.T. Greer, John T. Apperson.
Front row (L to R): Willibald Weniger; Thomas Mooney Gardner; Gordon V. Skelton; Grant Albert Covell; Henry M. Parks; and Mark Clyde Phillips. Back row (L to R): C.L. Knopf; Earl Vincent Hawley; Samuel Herman Graf; E.P. Jackson; William McCaully Porter; Herbert Edward Cooke; and Wilford W. Gardner
William Jasper Kerr was the sixth president of Oregon Agricultural College from 1907-1932. Kerr increased the size of the campus with 25 new buildings, including Memorial Union, Milam Hall, and the Women's Building. Kerr also established numerous colleges, including engineering, agriculture, and home economics. After 25 years as president, Kerr became Oregon's first chancellor of higher education.
Prior to the beginnings of varsity baseball in 1907, Oregon State played baseball on an occasional basis beginning as early as 1883. In 1899, the school began playing an indoor version of the game. In 1900, the indoor baseball team compiled a 3-1 record, which included wins over the University of Oregon, Albany College, and the Salem YMCA. Baseball players in photo are: A. J. Bier (lf), Harold Belt (rf), R. D. Burgess (c), Elwood Clark (2b), Arthur Derby (1b), J. G. Elgin (mgr), Ira Hamilton (lf), James Hartley (3b), Raymond Heinkler (nf Cayst), C. E. Small (p)
Baseball team (about 1898), information from negative envelope: Allen '00, Heinkler '98, Sharp '98. In the 1938 Orange and Black, players are identified as: standing (l to r) WL Sharp, Jesse Tharp, Bill Patterson, Harold Belt, and Raymond Henkle. Seated (l to r) Henry Howells, Will Smith, Al Campbell, and Tom Allen. Published in Orange & Black 1938, p. 103.
Professor John D. Letcher with calculus class. John D. Letcher was Acting President of Oregon Agricultural College in 1892. Letcher was a professor of Mathematics, Engineering, and Military Science and Tactics from 1888-1894.