The 1959 Wrestling Court was created as a promotional stunt by then OSC Wrestling coach Dale Thomas. The court members posed for a series of publicity photographs taken by Hise Studio in Corvallis. Some of the photos, such as this one, were picked up by national news organizations including the Associated Press. Another of the photographs appeared in Life magazine.
Cauthorn served on the college’s board of regents from 1888 to 1891, and was chair of the board’s executive committee in 1890 and 1891. He also served in the Oregon Senate from 1883 to 1891. As a regent, he spoke before the Oregon legislature in order to secure appropriations for OAC, including $25,000 in funds for construction of the first men’s dormitory. After Cauthorn’s death in 1891, the dormitory was named Cauthorn Hall in his memory. Two subsequent dormitories have carried his name.
The building was designed by architect Charles H. Burggraf and was completed in 1907. In addition to serving as a women's dormitory, it also included living quarters for single female faculty members and housed the domestic science department.
In front from left to right are: Cliff Crandall, Lou Beck, and Morrie Silver. In back from left to right are: Red Rocha and Evland Anderson. This photo appeared on the cover of the March 1947 Oregon Stater.