Eddy Elbridge Wilson graduated in 1889 with a B.S. From 1925-1940, Wilson was president then board member of the First National Bank of Corvallis. Wilson was also deeply involved with the community, working with the State Game Commission from 1935-1949 and the Corvallis Planning Commission from 1931-1941. At Oregon Agricultural College, Wilson served on the Board of Regents from 1906-1915 and 1924-1929. From 1925-1961, Wilson worked with the Memorial Union Board of Governors.
Receiving a MS in Soil Science from OSU in 1980, Bill Rogers began to work for the OSU Extension Service as a County Agent in Lincoln County that same year. In addition to holding adjunct faculty status in three different departments (Crop and Soil Science, Horticulture, and Forest Sciences), Rogers also worked for the 4-H Program as an aspect of his position with the Extension Service. In 1994 Rogers was promoted to the rank of Professor. He retired in 2003.
Helen Margaret Gilkey was born on March 6, 1886, in Montesano, Washington. She moved with her family to Corvallis in 1903. She received her MA at Oregon Agricultural College in 1911 and her PhD at University of California at Berkeley in 1915. From 1915 until 1918, she worked as a scientific illustrator at Berkeley. Curator of the herbarium at OAC from 1918 until 1951, Gilkey was also a Professor of Botany. She had 44 publications to her credit, 10 on vascular plant taxonomy and 10 on Tuberales. Gilkey died in 1972.
Scram and Jean Graham attending a benefit in the Alumni Center at Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon. Crawford H. "Scram" Graham received a B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 1935 and served as the Director of Alumni Relations from 1961-1978.
Lilly Magnhild Elsa Nordgren, from Aberdeen, Washington, also attended Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) in the early 1920s and earned a BS in commerce in 1924. She became an instructor in office training and secretarial science upon graduation and continued as an instructor until the mid-1930s. In 1929-1932, she took several graduate courses at OAC and completed an MA in education at Stanford University in 1931. Her thesis was An Experimental Comparison of Beginning Students Writing of Standard and Noiseless Typewriters. Nordgren married Floyed Marven Edwards in 1932.
Steward attended Oregon Agricultural College in 1917-1918 and 1919-1920 and earned a BS in Agriculture in 1921. In 1921, he became a faculty member in botany at the University of Nanking in Nanking, China. He and his wife, Celia Belle Speak Steward, were appointed as educational missionaries by the Methodist Board of Missions. He returned to the United States for several years in the late 1920s to complete AM and PhD degrees in biology at Harvard University. Steward spent most of the 1930s and 1940s in China and was interned at Chapei Camp in Shangai from 1943 to 1945. He returned to the United States permanently in 1950. Albert N. Steward was appointed by Oregon State College as Associate Professor of Botany, Herbarium Curator, and Associate Botanist for the Agricultural Experiment Station in 1951. He held these positions until his death in 1959.
Alton H. Finch graduated from Oregon Agricultural College in 1925 with a degree in agriculture, specializing in horticulture. He received a Master's degree from Iowa State College and a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in 1929. He worked in Georgia for a short time and then in 1931 went to the Horticulture Department at the University of Arizona. He was Department Head from 1937 until 1945, when he resigned to manage several large citrus tracts and continue his research on problems with citrus fruiting. He was still an active researcher in 1975 at the age of 75.
Stanley Eugene Corder earned his BS and MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State in 1950 and 1967. He was a forest products researcher at Oregon State University from 1951 until his death in 1979. He worked as a Research Engineer with the Oregon Forest Products Laboratory from 1951 until 1961 and as Associate Professor of Forest Products and Mechanical Engineer with the Forest Research Laboratory from 1961 until 1979. His research specialities were strength testing and analysis of wood; the study of vibrations in occupied dwellings; and the disposal of wood and bark residues and their utilization as a soil amendment or energy source.
Merlin S. Eltzroth was born in Philadelphia in 1922, grew up in Ohio, and graduated from Ohio University in 1947. He married Elsie K. Eltzroth in June 1943. Eltzroth moved to Corvallis in 1971 and earned a BS degree in Wildlife Science from Oregon State University in 1974. He specialized in non-game bird biology and was a volunteer in wild bird rehabilitation and protection. In 1985, he was instrumental in the passage of Oregon laws to protect all native non-game bird species and received honors from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for his work. In 2005, he received the first Homer Campbell Award for conservation and the environment from the Audubon Society of Corvallis. Eltzroth retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1971 after serving in both World War II and the Vietnam War. Eltzroth died in Corvallis on October 7, 2005.