Baseball team (about 1898), information from negative envelope: Allen '00, Heinkler '98, Sharp '98. In the 1938 Orange and Black, players are identified as: standing (l to r) WL Sharp, Jesse Tharp, Bill Patterson, Harold Belt, and Raymond Henkle. Seated (l to r) Henry Howells, Will Smith, Al Campbell, and Tom Allen. Published in Orange & Black 1938, p. 103.
This was the Women's Basketball championship team from 1898, the first basketball team at Oregon State. Team includes Fanny Getty, 2nd back; Dora Hodgins, 2nd forward; Leona Smith, 1st back; Inez Fuller, 1st forward; Blanche Holden, goal thrower; Lillian Ranney, center; Bessie Smith, captain and guard; W.H. Beach, coach; and F. W. Smith, manager.
Baseball diamond, first athletic field, 1892-1893 (on the right) and lower campus view near what is now Jefferson Street. The Experiment Station gardens are on the left with the Court House, Central School, old Corvallis College are also left of the walkway.