Copyright & Use
Search results for
Refine your search
Baker, Walter R.
Reed, Edwin T.
page 28 of 31 : (
add to favorites
Campus buildings; Food drying
The dryer was probably used for prune drying.
Farm Mechanics Building
Campus buildings; Farm Mechanics Building; Gilmore Hall
The Farm Mechanics Building was built in 1913 and designed by John Bennes. It was heavily damaged by fire in 1938, then renovated and expanded in 1939.
Flood on lower campus
Floods; Campus buildings
The flood followed hard rains and was not an uncommon sight.
Campus buildings; Theaters; Gymnasiums; Mitchell Playhouse; Gladys Valley Gymnastics Center
The gymnasium later became the College Playhouse and Mitchell Playhouse. Today it is the Gladys Valley Gymnastics Center.
Heckart Lodge - Men's Coop
Heckart Lodge; Campus buildings
The Heckart Lodge was orginally named after a boarding house run by Zelia Heckart.
Graduates gathered in Memorial Union quadrangle before processing to the Men's Gymnasium
Parades & processions; Milam Hall; Campus buildings; Graduation ceremonies
The Home Economics building is in the background.
Campus buildings; Apperson Hall; Mechanical Hall; Kearney Hall
The image of Apperson Hall was taken shortly after the addition of a third floor. The entrance pillars were a gift of the class of 1917.
Kerr Library third floor reading area
Kerr Library; Libraries; Campus buildings; Mosaics
The informal reading area was adjacent to the administrative suite on the 3rd floor of Kerr Library.
The tile mosaic is by Nelson Sandgren.
Construction worker at the LaSells Stewart Center
Campus buildings; Building construction; Construction workers; LaSells Stewart Center
The LaSells Stewart Center was under construction from August 1979 to March 1981.
Memorial Union site dedication
Campus buildings; Memorial Union; Dedications
The Memorial Union site was dedicated in 1926. Ground was broken for the Memorial Union in June, 1927 and the building opened for use less than 18 months later on Homecoming, November 17, 1928. It was...
Men's Gymnasium pool construction
Campus buildings; Men's Gymnasium; Building construction; Langton Hall
The Men's Gymnasium pool was added in 1920, along with the west wing of the building.
Men's Gymnasium pool
Campus buildings; Swimming; Swimming pools; Men's Gymnasium; Langton Hall
The Men's Gymnasium pool was the first built at Oregon State.
Campus buildings; Mines Building; Batchellor Hall; Shepard Hall
The Mines Building (later called Batchellor Hall) is shown with Shepard Hall in the distance.
New greenhouses at OSU
Greenhouses; Waldo Hall; Campus buildings; Horticulture;
The new greenhouses were located south of Agriculture Hall.
Waldo Hall is seen in the background.
Campus buildings; Women's Building; Marys Peak
The new Women's Building is shown with Marys Peak in the background.
The architect, John Bennes, competed with 13 other architects for the design of the building. The building was completed in 1926....
Old barn stall
Barns; Campus buildings
The old barn stall had no heat, sink or water and only one electrical outlet. It served as the only surgery facility.
Stock judging pavilion destroyed by fire
Stock Judging Pavilion; Campus buildings; Fires
The pavilion burned about a year after construction.
Graf Hall, Engineering Laboratory
Campus buildings; Graf Hall; Engineering Laboratory
The photo shows the Monroe Street (north) entrance to the Engineering Laboratory which was completed in 1920. It originally included a materials lab, a hydraulics lab, and a steam and gas engine lab, all...
Campus view from the Radiation Center
Greenhouses; Wiegand Hall; Withycombe Hall; Cordley Hall; Campus buildings
The photo shows the Motor Pool, west greenhouses, Wiegand Hall, Withycombe Hall, east greenhouses, and Cordley Hall. The photo was taken from the roof of the Radiation Center.
Campus buildings; Creameries; Houses
The photo, taken in the fall of 1902, shows the OAC creamery which later served as the residence for commandant of cadets U. G. Alexander from 1907-1911.
add to favorites
page 28 of 31 : (
University of Oregon Libraries
Oregon State University Libraries
^ to top ^