Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon); University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
|Object Name||Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)|
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
|View||exterior: view, 1958, of courtyard/passageway looking east toward old Power Plant on the left |
|Alternate Name||Architectural Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)|
Art and Architecture Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Commerce Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Sociology Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Mechanical Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
|Related Work (Part Of)||University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)|
|Creator/Role||Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928)|
Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946)
William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970)
William Christmas Knighton (architect, 1864-1938)
Edgar Marks Lazarus (architect, 1868-1939)
Annand, Boone, and Lei (architecture firm, 1955-1960)
John Davis Annand, Sr. (architect, 1907-1994)
Harold B. Boone (architect)
Wilbert P. Lei (architect, 1909-1960)
|Creator||Lawrence & Holford|
Lawrence, Ellis F.
Holford, William G.
Knighton, William C.
Lazarus, Edgar M.
Annand, Boone, and Lee
Annand, John D.
Boone, Harold B.
Lei, Wilbert P.
|Photograph Date||March 1958|
|Photographer||Marion Dean Ross (1913-1991)|
|Cataloger||Edward H. Teague |
views (visual works)
|Reference||Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 ; Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150 ; University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm ; |
|Notes||The building now known as Lawrence Hall consists of different structures combined and altered over time. The structures and changes include Mechanical Hall (Edgar Lazarus, 1901), the Architecture Building (William C. Knighton, 1914), major expansion and renovation (Ellis F. Lawrence, W. R. B. Willcox, 1923), Arts Wing (Ellis F. lawrence, 1923), additional wings to the north (Ellis F. WLawrence, 1940/41), replacement of arts wing and new south facade (Annand, Boone, and Lei, 1957), Brutlaist style addition and new south facade (Cambell Yost Grube hall, 1971), addition and new south facade (BOORA, 1991). |
|Creator Notes||Teague, Edward H. "Introducing Edgar Lazarus, The Architect of Vista House" Vista House Views, FOVH Newsletter, Spring 2011, p. 1-2, 7, 9, 10-11. |
|Metadata Notes||Description of this work is based initially on documentation supplied by the image provider. It is often the case with gift slides that very little information is provided. Review and updating of descriptive information by the collection cataloger is ongoing. |
|Digital Collection||Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon & the Pacific Northwest|
|Source Collection||Architecture & Allied Arts Library, University of Oregon Libraries, http://library.uoregon.edu/aaa/ |
|Image Source||Gift of Wallace K. Huntington from the estate of Marion Dean Ross |
|Publisher||University of Oregon Libraries |
|Copyright||© University of Oregon. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ ). Acknowledgement of the University of Oregon Libraries as a source is required.. All rights reserved. |
|File Name||pna_13905.jpg |