Shepard Hall

Title
Shepard Hall
LC Subject
College buildings Shepard Hall
Description
Shepard Hall was constructed in 1908 and was funded entirely by students, alumni, faculty, and friends of Oregon Agricultural College. It was built by the Young Men's and Women's Christian Associations to provide facilities for student organizations. It was named for Clay Shepard, a 1904 OAC graduate, who first proposed such a building and raised most of the funds before he died in 1906. In 1940, the State Board of Higher Education purchased the building and renovated it for the Speech Department.
Work Type
negatives (photographic)
Date
1909
Identifier
P057:4457
Rights
Rights Reserved - Free Access
Rights Holder
OSU Special Collections & Archives Research Center
Local Collection Name
News and Communication Services Photograph Collection, 1962-1999 (P 057)
Type
Image
Set
OSU Special Collections & Archives Research Center Historical Images of Oregon State University
Institution
Oregon State University
Created
2005-01-13
Modified
2011-07-12