Phi Kappa Phi, an all-discipline honorary society, established a chapter at Oregon Agricultural College in 1924. Initial inductees included President William Jasper Kerr and long-time Board of Regents member James K. Weatherford. The group is standing in front of the College Library (now Kidder Hall).
OSU's marching band accompanied the football team to Los Angeles for the 1965 Rose Bowl. One of the band's activities was marching in this parade in Disneyland. OSU band director Ted Mesand (front center) leads the band, along with OSU assistant band director Ken Winther (right) and University of Arizona band director Jack Lee (left).
Group photo of the recipients of the "Pursuit of Excellence" award given during the 75th Anniversary (1911-1986) of the OSU Extension Service. Winners were (standing l-r) Craig Riggert, Teresa Hogue, Gloria Shibley, Wanda Phipps, Evelyn Brookhyser, Erric Ross, Debra Driscoll, Nancy Kershaw, Greg Wheeler, Mary Dilworth Stewart, Larry Burt, Susan Roy Baumgartner; (sitting l-r) Dick Best, Becky Pettit, Linda Erickson, and Miriam Lowrie.
The Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill provided for the consolidation of the University of Oregon and Oregon State College at the Corvallis campus to form the Oregon State University; moving of the normal schools from Monmouth, Ashland, and LaGrande to the campus in Eugene; and creation of junior colleges at Ashland and LaGrande.